Monday, February 7, 2011

Rationales and Approaches to Art

With Art in school, there are several rationales that make sense to apply in class; however, the rationale that I connect with is Cultural Understanding.  I can relate to this because I participated in a Christopher Columbus play and The Pharaoh play and in Art Class we made Indian pottery and basket weavings (just to mention a few things). As it states in the paragraph, Art is an international language. Regardless of your culture, heritage or the language you speak, everyone can communicate through Art.  Art portrays history, savors tradition, tells stories, educates culture, sends a message and allows creative expression.  I honestly cannot say that I would not use any of the rationales in class because each one can be used as a knowledgeable tool for a child.

The approach to Art that I have experienced the most is the Media Approach.  I have made pottery, basket weaving, sewing and a self portrait related to seasons.  These activities were taught related to different cultures and as parts of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment